Eliminate the common problems associated with dated traditional sash windows including draughts and rattling by investing in modern, precision engineered sash windows. Let the charm and grace of your historic property shine through,
Bring back the character and charm of your period house to the surface with sliding Sash windows. Single or double-hung sash windows add elegance and style while accentuating the aesthetic features of your home.
The sash window style dates back to the Victorian era and has not changed much over the years. Sash windows may have a single moving frame, the sash, or two moving sashes, know as a top-hung sash window. Timber is the traditional construction material, although uPVC is gaining in popularity due to it being durable and customisable to achieve a variety of colour and texture effects.
Old sash windows exhibit common problems which include the following:
- Cracked and failed putty.
- Sashes stuck shut due to paint or warped wooden frames.
- Draught, noise and rattling.
Replacing old sash windows with new, modern windows will allow you to enjoy the benefits which include better energy efficiency, a traditional appearance with modern fixtures, peace of mind due to the security locks and a cosy, quieter home.
Sash windows, whether uPVC or wooden can be custom-built to suit your needs. Other optional extras include:
- Decorative internal or external Georgian bars to create bespoke styles to suit your personal tastes.
- Dual frame colour with different colours for inside and outside.
- Different frame configurations including single, double, and curved sash.
- Choose between uPVC and wooden sash windows to enhance or maintain the historic appearance of your period home, with a variety of colours and decorative options available